How developers can become designers
Episode 166 / 10th September 2018 / Piccia Neri
Share The Love
Do you feel your design skills suck? Do you get stressed designing/building a website because you don’t know where to start or you lack the confidence in your ability?
You are not alone. Web developers around the world struggle with this problem. We come from a coding background so information layout and design can often seem like a skill only available to the gifted.
Piccia Neri shares her expertise and resources on how you can learn to approach design, design systems and more. Piccia is a design and UX expert. She’s an experienced art historian with an amazing journey into design, branding and UX. This episode is not to be missed!
What is design?
- Start with the problem before you consider the design.
- Design starts with empathy, you are solving their problem by stepping in their shoes to understand their issues.
- Design isn’t just about styling things (CSS).
- You need to be creative about finding solutions.
- By solving problems you are already a designer. You can learn to solve problems visually.
- Give reason for a design – there always needs to be a reason and not just on a whim.
- Good design is good marketing – the aim of a good designer is to make the things that you want to happen, happen.
Connect with Piccia
Gestalt principle – click here
Joe Natoli – click here
Interaction Design Foundation – click here
Content snare helps digital agencies get website & marketing content from their clients on time, in the right format, without email.
Use the code TRAILBLAZER for a 20% discount.
Do you want to make real change in your business?
Join us at our in-person event Agency Transformation Live
Meet Troy Dean; Lee Jackson, Chris Ducker, Kelly Baader, Amy Woods, Paul Lacey, Dave Foy and other legends in this fantastic conference focused on actionable steps that you can use to transform your agency.